Summit County Real Estate Bubbles Green for St. Patrick’s Day
This week the luck of the Irish bubbled up throughout the quaint towns in the Summit County real estate market. Green hats and pants, shamrock faces, sparkling emerald locks, and green beer appeared on the streets from Breckenridge to Frisco, Copper Mountain to Keystone and Silverthorne. And at the ski slopes, too. It’s great fun to be in Summit County, Colorado for St. Patrick’s Day!
Good-natured celebrations at Summit County’s unique establishments most certainly sparked the smiling eyes of the Irish and non-Irish alike. As Saint Patrick vanquished the evils of his time, hearty festivities in Summit County certainly chased away the end of winter’s doldrums. Especially for St. Patrick’s Day, the free transportation by Summit Stage and Uber taxis help get everyone safely from place to place.
Family fun abounds every year on March 17. The home-style merriment is contagious. The green magic infuses sporting events and street parties, lively pubs and musical performances, and creative Emerald costuming. A sampling of 2015 fanfare included:
- Copper Mountain Resort’s family street party featuring performers, green beer, and green fireworks over West Lake
- Breckenridge Recreation Center’s St. Patrick’s Day dodgeball tournament
- Irish derbies
- Rocky Mountain Resort Management’s green eggs
- Plenty of live music and pub hopping
- Burke and Riley’s Authentic Irish Pub serving Irish stew, fish and chips, bangers and mash
- Kickapoo Tavern’s crispy corned beef and potato pancakes with horseradish cream cheese and potato soup
- The Goat’s corned beef, and cabbage, carrots and potatoes
Yes, residents of Summit County real estate go all out for St. Patrick’s Day. After all, the St. Paddy’s celebrations kick off a new phase in the mountains: the month-long Spring Fever celebration. This is the time to take advantage of heavy discounts on skiing and riding, lodging and restaurants, drinks and much more. Summit County definitely makes the best of mud season.
Interested in mountain properties in Summit County for full-time or vacation living? Contact Summit County Realtors at RE/MAX Properties of the Summit in one of our three locations:
- 220 South Main Street, Breckenridge, Colorado 80424; Ph. (970) 453-7000
- 305 Main Street, Frisco, Colorado 80443; Ph. (970) 668-5300
- 135 Dercum Drive #U6, Keystone, Colorado 80435; Ph. (970) 513-0404